We all have many questions about gamification. What is it? Why use it? Who thought of it? But if you’re convinced those are three facts you already know, we have 30 more for you. Incoming our 30 facts about gamification.
1. Gamification is built on the concept of the learner interest curve to keep learners engaged.
2. Gamification has been used successfully by a number of MOOC’s (massive open online courses) and has proven successful. A great example of this is Duolingo which has the largest community of language learners in the world.
3. Gamification uses positive reinforcement techniques to make learning an enjoyable experience.
4. Gamification drives the right characteristics in learners.
5. It can be used for employee engagement and productivity boost.
6. It increases the retention of intellectual capital.
7. Provides the growth of a supportive learning community.
8. Gamification is also used to close the skills gap.
9. Costs of training and development are lowered, allowing for greater investments in other tools.
10. The interactivity of staff training modules are a proven learning preference.
11. Employees feel recognised, acknowledged and valued.
12. Effective gamification is executed through mentally stimulating challenges.
13. Gamification makes employee training fun and flexible.
14. It provides a plethora of benefits to employees.
15. It is packed with intrinsic motivation.
16. Real prizes and rewards are on offer.
17. It plays a major role in the dictation of the purpose of your enterprise.
18. It is most effective when it is well thought-out and executed effectively.
19. Feedback from modules can be reflected on.
20. It is easy to implement and fits seamlessly within your existing LMS.
21. The best authoring tools already harbour the gamification feature.
22. Gamification makes lessons more topical and shorter.
23. Effective lessons can be efficiently developed from ready-made templates.
24. Gamification can also be used after the onboarding of staff. This timeframe can be considered even more important.
25. An aspect of competitive learning is implemented. Like through leaderboards!
26. Rapid authoring tools already have automated gamification.
27. Gamification is not actually a game.
28. It is considered a real-time performance manager.
29. It is objective and fair.
30. It’s the most effective tool for driving your enterprise to success.
If you would like to learn more about how to build the most effective employee training strategy!
If you’d like to know more about how EdApp’s mobile learning platform can help your internal training practices, get in touch at email@example.com. You can also try EdApp’s Mobile LMS and authoring tool for free by signing up here.