As organizations invest in time and resources to deliver the best training possible, it’s expected that a training evaluation is done to measure its impact and effectiveness. Training evaluation tools gauge and visualize the performance of learners and check if they meet the determined learning objectives. It’s important to gain these insights, especially with specific types of crucial training such as compliance training or code of conduct training. With the help of these tools, data and insights collected facilitate in spotting skill gaps and help L&D teams rework the training program and adjust when needed.
In this article, we’ll be looking at 10 training evaluation tools that you can use to assess training effectiveness and help improve your learning outcomes.
EdApp is a mobile-first microlearning LMS packed with powerful features to check the effectiveness of your training program. It has customizable training survey templates, such as the free text, slider, multiple-choice, and quadrant matrix, that you can include on each course to gather feedback, suggestions, and ratings from your learners.
It also comes with a performance dashboard that gives you visibility of training courses assigned and completed by your learners, the average completion rate, and the average time it took for courses to be completed. With its analytics and multiple data points, you’ll be able to see the highest and lowest performing courses and users, both on a group and individual level. These will help you identify skill gaps and rebuild your training program if needed.
- Analytics Dashboard – Drill down into user metrics for knowledge reports, assess your behavioral trends, and equip your team managers with progress boards
- Rapid Refresh Quiz maker – Create quizzes with an easy-to-complete spreadsheet and have access to timely analytics
- Customizable survey templates – Get feedback from learners about your lessons, have them add ratings, or offer suggestions for future courses
- Create branded courses without any coding knowledge or design background using its drag-and-drop authoring tool and template library
- Simple and easy-to-understand analytics dashboard
- Create custom reports and export files to your preferred spreadsheet application
- Quizzes are automatically delivered based on your preferred schedule and include customizable push notifications
Sign up for Free and Use The Best Training Evaluation Tool
SurveyMonkey is a popular SAAS survey tool that allows you to easily create surveys, quizzes, and polls. It offers a wide variety of templates, including those for training evaluation, that can be customized or used right out of the box. These can also be used to determine employee satisfaction and employee engagement and gather insights from their learning experience. It offers multiple options to send out your surveys, such as weblink, email, mobile chat, and social media.
This tool also includes a powerful analysis feature with its multiple filters and crosstab reports, so you can drill down on your results. To see them at a glance, automatic charts and summaries are provided for a quick overview.
- Fast survey creation – Get access to customizable survey templates and select from expert-written sample questions
- Data Analysis – Get access to powerful tools, such as Combined filters, Sentiment Analysis, and SurveyMonkey benchmarks
- Sharing Made Easy – Export your data in widely-used file formats such as CSV, XLS, PDF, PPT, and SPSS
- Has a free, basic plan and offers discounts for teams
- Provides best practices for creating effective surveys
- Get access to dozens of survey templates and themes
Cost: Free and paid plans
3. Abara LMS
With Abara LMS, you can track the delivery of your training content, the performance of users on tests and assessments, and generate standard and custom reports. It also has an integrated assessment/survey creator that offers multiple question types, such as short answers, multiple-choice, open-ended, and more.
On top of that, you can schedule automated reports, which are sent via email, based on your preferred delivery frequency, so there’s no need to log in and manually generate reports.
- Survey Builder – Easily create surveys with its drag and drop feature and upload content from external sources
- Advanced Reporting – Provides up-to-date predefined reports
- Custom reports – Track online learning progress as they happen with in-depth reports that can be exported to CSV or Excel files
- Offers a 30-day free trial for all plans
- Can be accessed via their dedicated iOS and Android mobile app
- Learners can pick up right from where they were left off on surveys in case of any network interruption or disconnection
Cost: Starts at $420 USD/month
Experquiz is a training evaluation tool that allows you to monitor learners’ activities, build questionnaires, and access immediate performance results. Its questionnaire builder gives numerous options for different fields that you’d like to add to your surveys. Data can be viewed from a single user to a group perspective and can be exported to a spreadsheet format.
There’s no need for any technical installation just to use Experquiz as it works on all desktops, tablets, and mobiles.
- Platform-independent – Provides a responsive interface regardless of the device you’re using
- Questionnaire Builder – Offers multiple customization features, such as static or dynamic questionnaire and a public or private access
- User Management – Easily monitor user activity, tests, and results and get an analysis of training activities
- It offers a 2-month free trial including full support from Experquiz
- It offers Single-Sign-On (SSO) capability for the enterprise business
- Leverage real-time data to closely monitor the performance of eLearning content and employee
Cost: Free and paid plans
5. Google Forms
If you’ve been around the digital world for a while now, then most likely you’ve already come across Google Forms to respond to RSVP forms, answer quizzes, and request time off. But apart from these basic uses, this tool is also great for creating surveys for training evaluation, which include options such as multiple-choice, checkbox, and dropdown. The summary report of the responses is instantly provided after each successful quiz completion, saving you an incredible amount of time for computation and assessment.
As compared to other tools, Google Forms tend to be static due to its limited customization options. The available templates are quite basic, so you’ll most likely find yourself just creating your quizzes from scratch.
- Simple form builder – Quickly create a form by choosing from a variety of question options, templates, and themes
- Mobile friendly – Create or answer forms on the go
- Summary report – Responses are automatically collected and can be viewed in charts or Sheets
- Simple and easy to use interface
- Integrates with other G Suite applications
- Add collaborators to let others build the survey with you
6. Kitaboo Insight
Kitaboo Insight is a cloud-based training evaluation tool that allows you to track courseware utilization through its robust in-built analytics tool. It offers visual reports and centralized dashboards containing in-depth real-time analytics to help personalize and redesign your employee training material based on your learning outcomes. If you’re already using another LMS, no need to worry as it supports integrations using LTI standards.
Since Kitaboo Insight is cloud-based, this means that it works from any mobile device, tablet, and desktop. No need to worry about device compatibility issues.
- LTI and xAPI compliant – Track activities and publish content outside of Kitaboo Insight with a click of a button
- Reporting dashboard – Monitor learner progress and identify trends across teams
- Mobile-friendly – Learners can take lessons thanks to its responsive design that works on any screen size
- Can be seamlessly integrated with any LMS with its LTI support and xAPI compliance
- Securely deliver content with DRM protection
- See real-time results and insights through in-depth analytics
Cost: Available upon request
7. Kodo Survey
Kodo Survey’s aim is for organizations to be able to measure the success of their training and reap back results from it. Kodo Survey’s dashboards will give you a clear oversight of key metrics when evaluating training effectiveness and learning impact and you can see the results of your training as they come in. If you need to go deeper, this training evaluation tool also enables you to check results on an individual or on a learning objective level.
Kodo Survey also has a six-step training evaluation guide, called the Kodo Way, to help you follow the learning impact and transfer of learning to the workplace.
- Analytics Dashboard – Make sense of a big volume of data related to your learning objectives
- Actionable Insights – Follow-up on any type of change or development in your training based on results
- 24/7 Support – Get help through FAQs, email, and phone
- Has a pay-per-usage plan
- Automate time-consuming tasks such as sending out invitations and reminders
- Use participants’ pre-knowledge to analyze the training impact
Cost: Starts at €5/respondent
Qualtrics is a popular training evaluation tool that leverages surveys to gauge the effectiveness of training. Here, you can deploy surveys and assessments using its prebuilt training feedback solution with just a click of a button. A training feedback report is then automatically generated with pre-built visualizations and analysis to ensure you get the most accurate insights.
Creating surveys in Qualtrics is made simple with its drag-and-drop interface making sophisticated surveys easy to create, launch and analyze.
- Enterprise-level Data Security – Secure your data with encryption, redundancy, continuous network monitoring, and Single Sign On (SSO)
- Multiple sharing options – Distribute your survey via email, web, social, mobile or your own communication system
- Custom Programming – Have more control over your surveys using common programming languages like Python, Java, and Node JS
- Get verbatim feedback to get a better sense of how learners feel about training
- Learn from world-class content partners, such as Microsoft, EC-Council, and VMWare
- Add labs and courses to other learning platforms
Cost: Available upon request
Questionpro’s survey maker enables you to add question types, logic, and personalized branding. You can also utilize their survey questionnaire samples to help you get started when creating your survey. To gain insight into your results, it includes real-time shareable dashboards and a role-based data portal available to all relevant stakeholders.
Questionpro does the heavy lifting for you and generates ready-made reports that you can filter accordingly, such as a real-time summary report, sentiment analysis, trend analysis, and many more.
- Analytics Dashboard – Easy to understand dashboards to quickly identify trends and skill gaps
- Robust Integration – Integrate with systems that you already have
- Questionpro mobile app – Offline application available on iOS and Android that lets respondents answer questions even without an internet connection
- Has a free plan with unlimited surveys and a maximum of 1000 responses
- Offers professional services to assist with survey creation and logic scripting
- 24/7 live chat, phone, and email support
Cost: Free and paid plans
10. Gnosis Connect
Gnosis Connect creates products and services that make it possible to unlock your employees’ performance. With over two decades of experience, it combines innovation with customization with its cloud-based technology and mobile-ready platform.
GnosisConnect is tailored to overcome four challenges associated with extended enterprise training: Content consumption, customization, administration, and reporting. To track learners’ performance, you’ll have access to pre-built reports that you can export to Excel or print out.
- Mobile-ready – Accessible on mobile devices and tablets
- Powerful reports and analytics – Includes a role-based dashboard and prebuilt report generator
- Media-rich courses – create visually aesthetic courses using videos, audio tracks, and web sources
- Provides a 30-day free trial
- They’ve partnered with AWS to ensure zero downtime through their cloud-based platform
- 24/7 email support
Cost: Starts at $299 USD/month