With the widespread use of smartphones, mobile learning examples give an innovative avenue for supplemental onboarding and online training, making it the future of digital learning. There is no need for learners to enroll themselves in a traditional on-site educational setting when the learning they need is at their fingertips.
Mobile learning solutions offer:
- Easy access with the use of smartphones so it’s convenient for those on the go
- Offline viewing once course material is downloaded
- Higher completion rates with bite-sized delivery of information
- Learning progress is saved (performance support)
Don’t know where to get started? We’ve gathered 10 mobile learning solutions that you can use as a starting point of your pedagogy:
EdApp is an intuitive mobile learning solution that specializes in microlearning. Research shows that humans have a shorter attention span, which is why EdApp’s microlearning approach allows bite-sized information to be strategically delivered to improve your learner’s knowledge retention. As a mobile learning solution, this learner app is very convenient for your learners to take courses at their own pace anytime, anywhere enabling them to have a personalized learning experience. EdApp understands that employees are often busy and this microlearning mobile solution is perfect for learners that want to revisit their training during their free time – whether that’s on their daily commute, a short break, or waiting for a meeting to start. This forward thinking is what makes EdApp a unique and innovative learning management software.
There are also several features for independent learners, instructional designers, and large-scale teams, depending on your needs. If you do not have time to create your own content, EdApp has hundreds of free, readily available courseware curated for different industries. For enterprise customers, EdApp has a responsive and proficient client success team that can accommodate your company goals and needs. This is a great tool to use to deliver wide-scale learning for businesses.
- Editable course library
- scorm authoring tool
- Supports peer-authoring
- 1,000+ high-quality courses available in the course library
- 50+ microlearning content templates
- Highly customizable with in-app branding
- Format quizzes and surveys automatically using the Rapid Refresh easy-to-complete spreadsheet
- E-Learning gamification templates with rewards and leaderboards
- Translate to 100+ languages using a cloud-based authoring and translation tool
- Supports Microsoft Teams and Zoom with their virtual classroom platform
- Compatible with most devices with optimized display scaling
- Completion certificate
Mobile Learning Solution #2 – edX: Courses by Harvard & MIT
edX has a collection of courses led by prestigious universities and renowned companies such as Harvard, MIT, Berkeley, IBM, and Microsoft. It’s a great learning solution for learners who want to know more about computer science, business, mathematics, science & engineering, and language.
- Stream online classes anytime, anywhere
- Offline playback with download option
- Quizzes and exam after lessons
- Provides handouts and course announcements
- Supports 11 languages
Quizlet is a mobile learning tool that makes use of flashcards for delivering lessons. There are several study sets available for different topics and categories.
- Create your own flashcards
- Several study sets for different subjects
- Audio function for 18 languages
- Different exam format: Identification, spelling, and multiple choice
- Gamified learning
3. Khan Academy
Khan Academy is a free educational app for those who wish to learn more about academic subjects. It is usually used as a blended learning tool to aid students, teachers, and professionals in their studies.
- Thousands of materials in the learning library
- Practice exercises and quizzes
- Offline playback with download option
- Tailored mastery system for suggested and recommended lessons
Coursera is a mobile learning solution that offers free and paid courses delivered by over 200 reputable educational institutions and companies. The platform provides recognized certification that learners can use for their careers.
- Free and paid courses with certifications
- Content categories: business, science, arts, computer science, etc.
- User-friendly display
5. Google Classroom
Google Classroom is a mobile learning app with a virtual classroom set up to connect learners and teachers worldwide. Anyone with a Google account can make use of this free service.
- Easy set-up: uses code for classroom management
- Share of resources is made easier, supported by Google Drive
- Communication through announcements for teachers
- Needs permission for mobile’s camera, storage, and accounts
- No ads
Udemy is a mobile learning platform that offers free and paid online video courses to help learners with their professional development. Courses are developed by over 65,000 field experts in IT, IS, business, finance, and creatives.
- 130,000 video courses available
- 3,400+ topics from the expansive library
- 65+ different languages medium of instruction
- Offline viewing with download option
Academia.edu is a mobile learning solution that primarily provides research journals. It is also a social platform where you can browse and follow the personal profiles of researchers registered on the Academia.edu app.
- 23M+ academic papers available, contributed by researchers around the world
- Up-to-date research materials available
- Viewing option for who visits your profile and paper
- Can interact and connect with fellow researchers
TED Talk is now available on mobile devices with their TED learning app! You can explore thousands of videos and podcasts on talks about various topics.
- 3,000+ inspiring talks from outstanding speakers
- Vast video and podcast library
- Subtitles with 100+ languages
- Custom Playlist options
- Offline playback
Skillshare’s online learning community is now accessible on your mobile devices with their learning app! There is a 30-day trial before automatically renewing your subscription through your Google Play or Apple iTunes Account. Make sure to check the auto-renew option of your account whether it is on or off.
- 100+ video classes available by acclaimed creators
- Focuses on business and creatives: Fine arts, digital art, creative tool editing, social media marketing, entrepreneurship, etc.
- Offline viewing (for premium member)
You may also be interested in: