Through a blended learning LMS, training managers can streamline and simplify tasks while still delivering a targeted and flexible training program customized to the needs of different learners. As blended learning combines traditional instructor-led approach (through face-to-face or video conferencing) and online learning, using an LMS to get this job done enables both trainers and learners to have full control over their training.
Choosing a blended learning LMS that caters to your needs and best complements and supports your training strategy is vital to the success of your training. As there are many options out there, we’ve curated 10 free blended learning LMS to guide you in choosing what works best for your blended learning approach.
Best Blended Learning LMS – EdApp
EdApp is an award-winning, free LMS that serves as a blended learning solution with its microlearning capabilities. Microlearning transforms abundant training materials into digestible courses which are proven to increase retention rate and course completion rate. This LMS enables you to supplement your in-person/video conference onboarding or training with engaging microlessons that enable self-paced learning for your employees.
Blended learning strategies are incorporated into EdApp’s overall design. Its gamification feature makes your microlessons more engaging and interactive so your training contents are also easier to understand. EdApp’s tools also drive social learning with its built-in discussions and assignments feature which enables collaboration among peers and coaches within the app. To ensure that learners retain information, EdApp uses a Spaced Repetition feature which enhances memory through repeat learning. This method is demonstrated through a quiz software system called Brain Boost which tests their knowledge frequently.
EdApp LMS is not only effective in the learning experience of your employees, but is also convenient for managers and L&D professionals in charge of planning your blended learning strategy, and designing instructional materials for the training and development of your employees. Its built-in authoring tool allows you to easily design microlessons using interactive templates. Or, you can easily customize and deploy premade courses designed by industry experts that are available in our free editable course library.
- Mobile-first approach
- Free editable course library curated by thought leaders and industry experts
- Built-in authoring tool that includes 50+ intuitively designed interactive templates, such as: Multiple-choice, in-app gamification, conceptual formats, surveys, etc.
- Gamification & leaderboards
- Social learning: Discussions, assignments, virtual classrooms, and peer learning
- Brain Boost (spaced repetition tool) and Rapid Refresh (built-in quiz maker)
- User and course management system
- Learning metrics dashboard & reporting
EdApp is a free LMS that takes pride in its microlearning approach and innovative features that support your blended learning strategy. Learn more about how you can use EdApp to create an effective and engaging learning and development experience for your employees by signing up for free!
Gyrus is a cloud-based LMS designed with AI-driven intuitive features helping you bring world-class training and development objectives for your employees. This LMS serves a blended learning solution by allowing you to develop training materials delivered through various digital formats – such as elearning videos, webinars and documents, and virtual classrooms – which provides support in traditional onboarding and training activities, as well as accessibility anytime and anywhere across any device. Its smart learning features are optimized for building customized learning programs for various groups of employees, and streamlining organizational compliance becomes easier for training managers.
- Various eLearning options: Online, instructor-led, webinars, and file-based courses
- Assessment and feedback evaluation
- Additional learning material for skills management, such as: Case studies, simulations, coaching sessions, and joint projects
- Real-time data visualization and reporting
- Individual Development Plan, gap analysis, and need analysis
- Fully scalable
Cost: Paid subscription starts at $300 USD (monthly) and $3000 USD (annually)
2. TopClass LMS
TopClass LMS is an award-winning learning platform that serves as a technology partner in providing a comprehensive and flexible learning experience for employees. It helps organizations provide skills development and career advancement for learners through a personalized learning experience, as well as a wide range of educational programs for employees (such as mini-courses, learning pathways, apprentice programs, certification programs, discussion forums, interactive videos, and many more). With this robust learning platform, you can integrate a blended learning approach to your training program wherein they can access online learning materials prior to a conference event, and explore more content in the LMS after to extend their learning experience.
- Intuitive user interface design responsive across all devices
- Virtual conference and events, such as discussion forums and interactive videos
- Online testing tools which include timed assessments, randomized question pools, proctored exams, quizzes, and surveys
- Social learning through discussion forums, social sharing, and online communities
- Content catalogs
- Advanced reporting
Cost: Price upon request
Arlo is an LMS specifically for training providers that focus on delivering a learning journey to empower learners through self-paced learning, live online learning, and blended learning. This LMS provides a blended learning solution by extending training with digital learning incorporated on live and interactive webinars, eLearning modules discussion forums, recorded videos, and assignments, as well as test employee knowledge through quizzes. Its innovative training management system design streamlines processes and simplifies tasks enabling training providers to save time while still effectively increasing course registrations.
- Website integration
- eLearning with self-paced modules, classroom sessions, discussions, assignments, and quizzes
- Live online sessions such as web conferences and webinars
- Reporting and business intelligence
- Course management
- Event management
- CRM and customer portal
Cost: Price upon request
Inquisiq is an LMS that bridges offline learning and online learning to create a dynamic and collaborative learning platform managed by both the training managers and employees themselves. It provides tools that support a blended learning environment, such as lessons that include task assignments, on-the-job training events, learning paths consisting of multiple courses, course completion certification, course catalog and library, and many more. It also facilitates social learning through user communities and walls and feeds. Building blended training programs through efficient learning management for training managers on this LMS helps in creating a seamless learning process for employees.
- Remote access across all devices
- Customizable user dashboards
- On-the-job training events and performance evaluations
- Learning paths
- Personalized certification and course completion certification
- Course catalog and library
Cost: Paid subscription starts at $4,128 USD (up to 100 users monthly) and $8,256 USD up to 100 users annually)
5. Hurix Digital
Hurix Digital is an end-to-end digital content solution provider integrating different content creation and delivery platforms designed for modern-day learning. Among these platforms is a custom LMS that enables organizations to deliver training content through eLearning, classroom training, and blended learning accessible across multiple devices. With Hurix, you can customize your LMS according to your organization-specific training workflow. The custom LMS can support your blended learning strategy with customized training modules based on your business and training objectives, such as onboarding, sales enablement, compliance, and process training.
- Custom LMS
- Mobile-first approach
- Immersive training modules using engaging videos, gamification, simulations, and scenario-based learning
- Bite-sized learning
- Game-based learning incorporating puzzles, problem-solving games, strategic games, challenge-based games, and many more
- Hands-on training
- Learning paths that combine niche courses and programs designed by SMEs
Cost: Price upon request
ProProfs LMS is an employee training software that easily combines online and offline training through its tools that provide a blended learning solution. This LMS enables training managers to provide new educational content made from scratch, or, existing courses from its online training course library. Using this blended learning software, learners have control of what, when, and how they want to learn. For training managers, this reduces time in conducting instructor-led learning sessions. Instead, employees are given the opportunity to learn at their own pace while still fostering collaborative learning through virtual classrooms.
- Premium course library with 100+ courses designed by experts
- Easy online course authoring
- Gamification elements which includes brain games, learning paths, and quizzes
- Course completion certificates
- Collaborative learning through virtual classroom
- Forms and surveys
- Learning management
- Reports & analytics
Cost: Free (within a 15-day trial), paid subscription starts at $74.96 (per feature monthly)
7. Violet LMS
Violet LMS is a full-service digital training provider that helps develop employees through a sustainable learning experience on employee training, onboarding, sales training, compliance training, distribution training, and even customer training. This LMS enables blended learning by assisting in offline training through features, such as an external trainer management system and a venue management system. Employee knowledge is further strengthened with interactive courses and virtual classroom sessions. With the adaptable training plan provided by this LMS, training managers have access to a visual calendar of priorities and tasks, as well as track and measure results for each individual through a powerful reporting tool. Through individualized learning plans tailored to the needs of the learners, employees are able to maximize their potential and improve their performance.
- Mobile learning
- Learning path which includes unlimited courses, assessments, and classroom training
- Gamified microlearning
- Learner engagement features such as leaderboard, points and badges, gamified learning path, and customizable certification
- User management
- Report management
- Communication management
Cost: Price upon request
Kahoot! is another blended learning lms you can use to gamify your quizzes and assessments and introduce new concepts to your employees. The quizzes are creatively called “kahoots”, which can be accessed via a web browser or a mobile app. They can be presented on a shared screen and answered by a group of “players” all at the same time. Alternatively, you can also arrange them as a self-paced challenge to be completed by your team asynchronously. It also provides reporting and analytics so that knowledge gaps can be spotted and feedback can be provided for a more holistic training experience.
- Gamified quizzes and assessments
- Live kahoots
- Reporting and analytics
Cost: Free and paid plans
iSpring Learn is a cloud-based LMS that allows you to automate processes and deliver training conveniently. It serves as an ideal solution for blended learning with its ability to track the results of both instructor-led sessions (i.e., attendance and assignment results) and online learning (e.g., test completion rate, number of attempts, personal or group progress). This LMS also allows you to notify learners of new events or upcoming deadlines, enroll them into needed training programs, or assign new courses automatically.
- Cloud-based LMS, so no installation is required
- Pay-per-active-user pricing model
- Available on all devices
- Learning paths for a consistent training experience
- Built-in authoring tool for content creation
- Branding and customization
- Integration with Zoom
- Event calendar to schedule and monitor in-class activities
- Training analytics
- Gamification and certification
- User-friendly interface
Cost: Paid subscription starts at $2.82 per user, per month (billed annually)
Accessplanit is training management software suitable for training teams that deliver hundreds or thousands of courses. This serves a one-stop learning platform delivering tools and support in achieving the best results for training companies. This remote training software allows training providers to streamline and automate processes while creating high-quality training materials and exceptional learning experiences for customers. With its course management feature, you can efficiently manage course and training events, may it be in-person learning sessions or eLearning, making it compatible with a blended learning strategy. As a platform designed to centralize all training operations, training providers are given flexible training solutions in planning courses which include face-to-face sessions, webinars, virtual learning, and short courses for in-house training, public sessions, and employee sessions.
- Course management for course and training events, such as face-to-face, web, eLearning, and blended learning
- Automation tools
- Customer relationship management
- Reports and analytics
Cost: Price upon request